Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Forever My Friend

Using size 10 needles and bohemiafibers 1 skein dk weight 1 skein = 225 yards.  I used up most of the skein

Cast on 126 sts Ribbing

Rounds 1-4) P1, K1, around

Body of Cowl and Horseshoe Cable pattern

Rounds 1-4) P1, (K12, P2) repeat parentheses around but you will end with 1 purl stitch.

Round 5) P1, (slip 3 stitches onto cable needle and hold to front of work, Knit 3, Knit 3 from cable needle, slip 3 stitches onto cable needle and hold to back of work, Knit 3 stitches, Knit 3 from cable needle, P2) repeat pattern in parentheses all the way around. You will end with a P1 at end of round instead of P2


ounds 6-8) P1, (K12, P2) repeat parentheses around ending with 1 purl stitch.


Repeat rounds 1-8 four more times.


Work P1, K1 for four more rounds. Bind off and weave in ends.

 This pattern has not been tested. I worked it up over Memorial weekend on a whim. Please feel free to use as you like. But link to my pattern if you can. Happy Knitting!

14 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! What a wonderful way to honor Lyric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I am Seijasisko from Finland. I found from Raverly "Olivia's Butterfly Hat" and liked your pattern very much. I have organized at Finland charitycampaing where we collect knitted and crocheted hats to cancerpatiens to women and children who have lost of their hair at chemotherapy. I have been looking good "chemohat" patterns and I think Olivias Butterfly suits very well on that purpose. I wonder if it is Ok, that I could made translation at Finnish of this pattern and publish it at my blog. Of course I put to translated pattern link to your original pattern. All work we do is volyntary. My blogaddress is http://seijasisko.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful, valerie! do you think this would be good for a beginner knitter or too complicated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just seeing your post! So sorry. If you havne't tried it yet, go for it. Are you on Ravelry? I get messages on their much faster. The cable pattern isn't very hard and is good for a first time cable project. I would be happy to help with any questions!

      Delete
  4. I have been reading your posts regularly. I need to say that you are doing a fantastic job.advertising | advertisment| production houses in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i read daily your blog keep sharing this type of blog keep thanks
    dell service center thane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally imagine wearing this cowl on a crisp morning hike or a brisk jog. It would add a touch of elegance to my workout attire. Plus, the cozy fabric would keep me warm without feeling bulky.

    Thanks for sharing this amazing cowl pattern, and I'll definitely be checking out those can you use walmart gift card for gas options to complete my winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for utilizing your blog to clarify the difficult subjects. The way you write makes reading enjoyable.necessary clothing discount code

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone looking for knowledge and inspiration should turn to your blog. Continue your fantastic effort! fresh choice coupon

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Your blog on time management and productivity has boosted my efficiency at work. Your tips are golden!"
    How to Stack Coupons on Shein

    ReplyDelete